Monday, June 14, 2010

A Hurricane

Without a warning, you come a long
Those clear blue skies are dead and gone
Those clear blue skies are gone
The waters were calm, I was sailing through life
Now I wonder if I’ll even survive
If the breeze will oneday come and take away the pain

But you’re like a hurricane
You saw, you conquered, right after you came
I could try to prepare myself for your wrath
Before you ruin everything and everyone in your path
But there’s no preparing for what you do
My only option is to wait till you’re through
I could always try and run away
But that’s not an option, not today
There is so much I’d be leaving behind

Your rage and destruction, it never seems to end
You’re no longer a brother, no longer a friend
I don’t know who you are, or what for that matter
You’re just a hurricane that has left this home shattered

No comments:

Post a Comment